Pages

Monday, 23 February 2015

The BEST Drugstore Concealers

Monday, 23 February 2015

(Left: COVERGIRL Ready Set Gorgeous in Fair, Right: NYX Incredible Waterproof Concealer in Porcelain)

Finding a good concealer can be tricky business. Finding a good concealer that doesn’t break the bank can be even trickier.

After years of searching I can finally (and proudly) say that I’ve found two drugstore concealers that do just that. 

So in the name of concealers that work wonders and don’t break the bank, I’m sharing these with you today!

Having paler than average skin, for me the hardest part is finding a concealer that suits my skin tone. Normally I’m faced with ( …faced with ;) ) concealers that have too much of a pink under tone. Sure the spot I was trying to conceal is covered but how am I supposed to cover the giant pink splotch left by the concealer!?

As you have probably already inferred, I don’t have this problem with either of these concealers (Yay!), they match my skin tone perfectly. 

The major difference between these two products lies in their formulas. Their individual consistencies gives them each unique advantages and disadvantages. So I find myself using them for different reasons.


NYX Incredible Waterproof Concealer in Porcelain

Consistency:
Thick and creamy (it’s basically a packaged stick of concealer).

Pros of its consistency:
It’s better at covering up darker/more pronounced spots. I also don’t need to apply as many coats.

Cons of its consistency:
The thicker formula makes it harder to blend. I usually have to wait for it to warm up on my skin before I can actually blend it fully.


COVERGIRL Ready Set Gorgeous in Fair

Consistency:
It's similar to a creamy liquid.

Pros of its consistency:
It is very easy to blend and takes no time to apply.

Cons of its consistency:
It doesn’t cover darker or larger spots as well as the NYX concealer.


There are pluses and minuses to each but overall they work very well and l love them both.

I honestly couldn’t pick a favourite. Which one I end up using really just comes down to what I’m trying to conceal and how much time I have!

If you know of any other great drugstore concealers please let me know! I’m always interested in trying a new concealer :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
EMMA'S BEGINNING © 2014