Pages

Wednesday, 5 March 2014

What Scares You?

Wednesday, 5 March 2014
This is a bit of a different, more personal, post today. I have decided to share with you one of my fears...flying. Well actually it is probably more of a fear of heights.

EmmasBeginning What Scares You? #fear #flying emmasbeginning.bloggspot.com


I have had a fear of heights ever since I can remember. The summer camp I went to as a child had a high ropes course and I remember climbing up the ladder of one of the elements (that’s what they called one the high ropes activities) stopping part way up and crying until they let me climb back down the ladder. Embarrassing to say the least.

The first time I was actually old enough to remember going on a plane I was so scared I almost didn’t go on.

Unfortunately their are people who suffer far worse than I do.

Thankfully over the years I have been able to push myself to climb a bit higher or relax before getting on a flight. I can now say that my fear of flying has dwindled to just a knot in my stomach.

Although a fear of heights has not been my biggest challenge in life, knowing that I have been able to become much more comfortable with it has been a huge inspiration to me. Whenever I face something challenging I think about this and it reminds me that I can persevere and get through it.

Little things, like this, in life can hold you back from doing the things you want to do, like going on rollercoasters with friends. But by pushing yourself to overcome your little fears it can help you overcome your big ones. That’s why this week I have decided to challenge you to do one thing that scares you, like calling up an old friend or reach the top of a rock climbing wall (of course don’t do anything dangerous!)

:)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
EMMA'S BEGINNING © 2014