Pages

Sunday, 23 March 2014

Review: Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Polish

Sunday, 23 March 2014

I am in love with the colour of the Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant nail polish in Lav-endure. This was my first time trying any Covergirl nail polish so I decided I would do a little review and share my experiences. :)



Biggest Pro: The opacity of this product is great. I only had to apply two coats. However, I could have gotten away with one coat. Not only is the colour “quality” good but the colour itself is beautiful and right on trend this spring!

Biggest Con: The time it takes to dry. It honestly felt like this product took five hours to dry. It stayed in that half dry mushy stage for so long that if I accidentally bumped my nail the polish would smudge. (okay maybe five hours is a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point ;) )

Application: As you can tell from the picture the lid is quite large and I was worried that trying to maneuver it while applying the nail polish would be a challenge. Fortunately I didn’t run into any issues with the lid. The only problem was the consistency of the polish. It’s very tacky and it took some getting used to.

Performance: The performance of this polish was pretty standard. I could wear it for 4-6 days, depending on what I was doing, before it started to chip.

Packaging: I really like the packaging on this product. It’s very neat and simple. However, it does look a bit like a knockoff of the Chanel Le Vernis nail polish packaging.

And know for the big question…
Would I repurchase?
Maybe...the drying time for me was a bit much to put up with...but if I decided to have a lazy day and painted my nails in the morning then I am sure it would be fine. I think I would be most likely to repurchase if they came out with a colour that I absolutely fell in love with (so I may repurchase Lav-endure because it is one of the best purple shades I have come across :) )

What is your favourite spring polish? If you have ever tried one the Covergirl nail polishes let me know what you think!

:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
EMMA'S BEGINNING © 2014